Customizing Your Neon Light



Customizing Your Neon Light





you're probably wondering,"wow addi! where did you buy that light from?" and i reply "i actually made it!" well i didn't make the wiring or put the pink translucent covering on the wire BUT i did mold it into 'good vibes' . 

how did i do it?

i did it in 5 simple steps!

1. first i got a strand of neon light for Christmas.(if you search neon light wire on amazon, you'll find it.) a couple months later, i lettered 'good vibes' onto my mom's chalkboard wall. if you don't have chalkboard walls at your disposal, i recommend good ole' paper. so you are looking at my handwriting! how awesome is that!

2. i molded wire to the handwriting. i followed the lines of the writing with the wire to create a sturdy foundation for the lights.

3. me and my mom tied the neon light to the wire using fishing line. this was the hardest and longest step out of all of them.

4. finally, we transported it from the chalkboard wall to my room and hung it on some clear command hooks. we used 5 clear hooks in total. since i put this sign above my bed, the leftover neon light is hidden behind my bedside table. 

5. enjoy your masterpiece! sometimes i just turn on my neon light and admire it. gosh, isn't it aesthetic? 

i totally recommend anyone to do this room decor item! not only is it cheaper than what you will find at Urban Outfitters but it's also customizable! one day if i decide i don't like "good vibes" i can take it down, untie it from the wire base, and start again! don't be limited to just sayings either! draw a picture or you could just have a neon line around your mirror. the possibilities are endless!

how will you customize your neon light?

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Thrift

    Thrift advice from an expert        I love to thrift. Mostly clothes, but I've been known to find a mean home decor item. I star...